Davidson County Attorney
Davidson County Government
913 Greensboro Street, Suite 404
Lexington, NC 27292
Phone: (336) 236-3084
Fax: (336) 248-8440
Charles E. Frye, III
|Office of the County Attorney
The office of the County Attorney provides legal advice and representation to the Board of Commissioners, County Manager and County departments, agencies and employees on a broad range of issues. The office represents the County, including its officials and employees, in litigation filed by or against them. Upon request, the office provides legal opinions to County officials on County related matters.
Charles E. Frye III serves as the County Attorney.
* To act as in-house legal counsel to the County of Davidson by providing high quality, expert legal representation to the Board of Commissioners, the County Manager and County departments.
* To represent the County of Davidson with integrity and professionalism.
What this Department does:
* Represents the County of Davidson and its agencies, officials and employees on matters of public business.
* Practices governmental law involving public finance, land use, public records, tax, open meeting and condemnation.
* Represents the County in other areas including litigation in all State and Federal Courts, torts, contracts, real estate, employment, environmental, construction, administrative and constitutional law.
What this Department does not do:
* This department DOES NOT provide legal advice or representation to citizens on any matter. Citizens seeking legal advice or representation must contact an attorney in private practice.
* This department DOES NOT handle inquiries about court dates, traffic offenses or other court related business. These matters must be referred to the Office of the Clerk of Court (phone 336-242-6701) or to the Office of the District Attorney (phone 336-242-6710).
Monday through Friday
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
The Office of the County Attorney is located in the Davidson County Governmental Center in Suite 404.
|Contact the County Attorney's Office|
|Please send us your inquiries|