Get Help with Heating Bills
Notice - The application period for this benefit has ended.
Visit this page in November 2017 for information on the next LIEAP period.
Applications taken between December 1, 2016 and March 31, 2017 (or until funds are exhausted).
Davidson County Department of Social Services will be taking application for North Carolina's Low Income Energy Assistance Program (LIEAP) from December 1, 2016 through March 31, 2017. For eligible applicants, this program provides a one-time payment to help pay for heating-related costs.
Applications will be taken based on priority groups (as funding allows):
December 1, 2016 - March 31, 2017 for households with a member 60 and older OR any household with a disabled member receiving services through DAAS (Division of Aging or Adult Services). Please do not come to Social Services prior to January 3, if no one in the household is included in this group.
January 3, 2017 - March 31, 2017 for all other households (as funding allows)
||Colonial School Building
211 West Colonial Drive
Thomasville, NC 27360
|Map | Directions
913 Greensboro Street
Lexington, NC 27292
|Map | Directions
- No automatic eligibility. Anyone interested in receiving LIEAP assistance must make an application.
- Applications are taken based on priority. Identified priority groups are households in which any person in the household is age 60 or above OR households with at least one disabled person receiving SSI, SSA, or VA disability AND receiving services through the Division of Aging and Adult Services (DAAS).
- Payments are now made directly to vendors. No check will be mailed directly to the applicant or household member. Payments are $200.00, $300.00, or $400.00 based on household size, income, and heating source.
Information needed to apply:
- * All household income information for the month prior to the month of application (wages, tips, unemployment benefits, child support, etc);
- * Information about the household's savings accounts or checking accounts;
- * Information about the household's property, stocks, bonds, and other assets;
- * Name, date of birth, and social security numbers for each household member;
- * Vendor information (i.e. utility statement with the account number or name of the oil/gas company to be used)
Any elderly or disabled person who wishes to apply may call the Davidson County Department of Social Services for assistance or send a representative to the agency to apply for them. A note will be needed for the representative to act on someone else's behalf. Households will meet income eligibility if the total countable income for the household is equal to or less than 130% of the current poverty level at the time of application.
Monthly income eligibility for a household of 1 is $1,287; household of 2 is $1,736; household of 3 is $2,184; household of 4 is $2,633.
For more information contact:
NC LIEAP Information
Melissa Skeen at 336-242-2504
Teressa Tysinger at 336-242-2580
Gennean Kirkendall at 336-474-2768
|Jennifer Noonan at 336-474-2644|
Davidson County Social Services does not discriminate in the provision of services to all qualified persons.