Social Services

 Social Services Non-Discrimination Policy


Davidson County Social Services provides services, care, benefits, and assistance to all qualified persons.  It is our policy not to discriminate against anyone for any reason.  If you believe you have been treated unfairly, you may ask to speak to that person's supervisor or contact any of the following:

Title VI Compliance Officer
Davidson County Social Services
PO Box 788
Lexington, NC 27293
(336) 242-2500

Office of General Counsel
NC Department of Health & Human Services
1-800-662-7030 (CARE-LINE); TTY: 1-877-452-2514; email:
Civil Rights Division
U.S. Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, N.W.
Washington, DC 20530
(888) 736-5551 or (202) 514-3847

To file a complaint of discrimination regarding a program receiving Federal financial assistance through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), write:
HHS Director
Office for Civil Rights, Room 515-F
200 Independence Avenue, S.W.
Washington, D.C. 20201
(202) 619-0403 (voice) or (800) 537-7697 (TTY).

USDA Non-discrimination Statement

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination based on race, color, national origin, sex, religious creed, disability, age, political beliefs or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or activity conducted or funded by USDA.  Food & Nutrition Services (also referred to as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program(SNAP) and Food Stamps) are funded by USDA

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.  Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.  Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), found online at:, and at any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

(1) mail:
U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Ave, SW, Stop 9410
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410

(2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or

(3) email:

For any other information dealing with Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) issues, persons should either contact the USDA SNAP Hotline Number at (800) 221-5689, which is also in Spanish, or call the NC SNAP Information/Hotline Number (866) 719-0141.