Education is the key to a good job or a successful career.
Research shows that earnings of a high school graduate are twice that of a non-high school graduate; earnings for a two year-associate degree average nearly three times more.
NCWorks Career Centers in Davidson County provide information about and referrals to a number of services designed to help young people complete high school, receive a GED, enroll in a community college, and/or receive training necessary for a good job. NCWorks Career Center team members can help you map out a plan for getting your high school diploma and any additional education or occupational training you may need.
NCWorks Career Center team members can refer you to a number of services that can help you overcome obstacles (such as childcare, transportation, financial, etc.) in your education and career plans. NCWorks Career Centers provide services to help you explore the many options and opportunities available to you.
Useful Links for Youth:
- HES - Earn your High School Equivalency (HSE) at DCCC
- Adult High School - Complete high school at DCCC
- Work Permits - Required for all youth employment for persons under 18 years of age
- Youth Rules - Federal Regulations on Youth Employment
- Youth Toolkit - DavidsonWorks Youth Services
- Community Resources - Local agencies whose services are designed to help Davidson County young people
DavidsonWorks is an equal opportunity employer/program. Funding provided by a Federal Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA) Grant.