Davidson County Purchasing Practice & Code:
The N.C. General Statues and Davidson County practice and code require the following:
- Davidson County is not bound by any commitment to a vendor by a department.
- A purchase order is required for all purchases valued at $150.00 and above for all Davidson
County departments, unless the Procurement Card is used than the threshold is $500.00.
- The departments may process purchases of equipment, supplies, or materials valued up to $4,999.99.
- The departments may process purchases of equipment, supplies, or materials (with the over site of the Purchasing Director) from $5,000.00 to $49,999.99 this is the informal bid requirement.
- Purchases of equipment, supplies, or materials valued at $50,000.00 and above are processed by the Purchasing Director through the formal bid process.
- All formal bids require written specifications, legal advertisement, sealed bids and in some situations a bid bond is required. Once bids are opened, these bids are available for public inspection.
- All purchases $49,999.99 and under are confidential until bid is awarded.
- The Davidson County Board of Commissioners reserves the right to reject any and all bids.
This is not the complete code or practice but a short summary of the highlights of the code.
Note: This does not include construction projects.