The Davidson County Animal Shelter is an open admission facility that is primarily funded by Davidson County government and donations. We are a shelter established to protect, feed, and house the stray, injured, abused or unwanted animals in this county. The shelter’s vision is to give abandoned and neglected pets a second chance to live long, healthy lives in safe, loving homes and return lost animals to their rightful owners.
Follow us on Facebook!
Davidson County Animal Shelter will be temporarily operating under different protocols. Please read below before you come to the shelter. Changes might be made to these protocols as the situation progresses.
1) Adoptions will be by appointment only. If you are interested in adopting please fill out our adoption application and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org. Our application can be found HERE You will be contacted if approved to set up a time to visit. You can see our animals available for adoption on our official Facebook page or on our website.
2) For STRAY animals, you can call the animal shelter to file a found report. If you MUST have the animal picked up, please contact Animal Control at 336-249-0131
3) At this time, owner surrender pets are not being accepted. You can find resources to help you rehome your pets at Adoptapet.com and Petfinder.com. You can also reach out to rescue groups in your area.
4) If you are missing a pet you can call us at 336-357-0805. We post pictures of our strays daily on our official Facebook page as well, at Davidson County Animal Shelter NC. If you know we have your pet please come by the shelter to reclaim between 11am - 5pm, there is no appointment necessary.
5) Donations can be dropped off on our porch.
6) Volunteer activities are temporarily suspended.