About the Davidson County Public Library
About the Library
The Library's mission is to provide comprehensive resources and services in support of the research, teaching, and learning needs of the citizens of Davidson County. The libraries and museum will serve as centers of enrichment, reliable information, will support the educational, civic and cultural activities within the community.
The Davidson County Library Department provides library and museum services to the citizens of Davidson County. Administration, Marketing, and Technical Services Division promote and support the work of the Library Department.
Your Library Card is a free passport to many opportunities. Be sure to enjoy the following privileges provided by your card:
- Use your card at any of the Davidson County Libraries. Library cards can be obtained by visiting any of our locations and providing proof of address.
- Use your card to access the library's catalog online to view library holdings, renew materials, place holds or access other online library resources.
- The first card is free, but if you need to replace it, there is a $3 charge.
- Services may be denied if you have an outstanding balance on your record. This includes use of the library's computers.
Library services include the following:
- Reference (answering research questions, technology help, facilitating computer access)
- Books, magazines, Playaways, audio books, magazines, kits, CDs, etc.
- E-books magazines and movies and music available from our digital catalog
- Free WiFi
- Software (Microsoft Office, Adobe Reader, etc.)
- Faxing, scanning and copying
- InterLibrary Loan (we have access to over 100 libraries in NC where you can check out materials for free!)
- Public story times
- Summer Reading Programs
- Genealogy and local history
Davidson County Public Libraries have been providing access to free quality materials and resources for over 80 years! View a timeline of DCPL's expansion in the community. Other notable events in the library's history include: