The procedure for recording plats and maps is governed by G.S 47-30 of the North Carolina statutes.
Requirements for Recording Plats
- Davidson County accepts 18-inch by 24-inch plats & 24-inch by 36-inch.
- All plats must contain either:
- Certificate signed by a duly appointed Review Officer
- Certificate signed by the surveyor stating one of the following:
- That the survey is of an existing parcel or parcels of land and does not create a new street or change an existing street.
- That the survey is of an existing building or other structure, or natural feature such as a watercourse.
- That the survey is a control survey.
- There must be indication that the plat is a municipal boundary or municipal annexation; highway right-of-way map; or transportation corridor map.
- Plats will be returned to the company or individual indicated on the plat.
- Plats prepared by a deceased surveyor must be certified by the Review Officer before being presented for recording.
- Fee for recording all plats is $21 per page.
Requirements for Recording Maps
Maps attached to deeds or other instruments:
- Must be no larger than 8 1/2 inches by 14 inches
- Must contain the signature of a duly appointed Review Officer or must contain the following disclaimer: "This map is not a certified survey and has not been reviewed by a local government agency for compliance with any applicable land development regulations."
Fee for recording a map as an attachment is the same as the additional page fee for any recorded document.