Do It Yourself FREE Taxes

Prepare and eFile your own federal and state income tax returns free anytime anywhere! Is your income less than $66,000? Do you have some computer experience? If you have (or have had) an email address, you can probably do it! Ready to get started? Visit the MyFreeTaxes website.

My Free Taxes

Contact Us

You're not alone; Davidson FREE Taxes will be glad to help. Complete the Contact Us form if:

  • You have a tax law question. We can answer most questions for returns at this level; there are a few things, like rental property, that are out of area of expertise.
  • Your return gets rejected and you can't figure out why (it is your responsibility to make sure your federal and state eFiled returns are both accepted; this notification comes directly to you by email.).
  • You want someone to check your work before you submit the return. We will schedule one of our certified preparers to look over your return.
  • You finish your return and the site is asking for a fee even though your Adjusted Gross Income (AGI) is less than $66,000. (If your AGI is greater than $66,000, you may visit the IRS Free File site for other possible free options)
  • You need a paper copy of your tax returns. We recommend that you keep a paper copy; if you don't have a printer, we'll be glad to help. Visit or contact our Lexington or Thomasville sites during their regular hours to schedule an appointment at one of the other sites (please don't contact a site directly for return printing).

Your Civil Rights Are Protected

Under no circumstances will the Internal Revenue Service tolerate discriminatory treatment of taxpayers by its employees, or individuals who volunteer or work at Low-Income Tax Clinics (LITC), Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) and Tax Counseling for the Elderly (TCE) sites. No taxpayer shall be subject to discrimination based on sex in educational programs or activities, or race, color, national origin, reprisal, disability or age in programs or activities supported by the Department of the Treasury - Internal Revenue Service.

Disability Services

Taxpayers with a disability may require a reasonable accommodation in order to participate or receive the benefits of a program or activity supported by the Department of the Treasury's Internal Revenue Service. Our employees, and LITC, VITA, and TCE Site Coordinators and Managers, are responsible for ensuring that requests for reasonable accommodation are granted when the request is made by a qualified individual with a disability.

If a qualified individual with a disability does not receive a reasonable accommodation upon request, or if an individual believes that he or she has been discriminated on the basis of sex, race, color, national origin, disability, reprisal or age, he or she may file a written complaint with an employee, a Site Coordinator or Manager, or the Department of the Treasury - Internal Revenue Service. All written complaints should be sent to:

Operations Director, Civil Rights Division
Internal Revenue Service
1111 Constitution Avenue, NW
Room 2413
Washington, DC 20224

For all inquiries concerning taxpayer civil rights, contact us at the address referenced, or email the Civil Rights Division.

Source: IRS Pub 4053 (Revised August 2012)

Davidson County Tax Coalition

Do It Yourself FREE Taxes is sponsored by the Davidson County Tax Coalition, a community collaborative partnering with the IRS to improve the quality of life of low-to-moderate income families.