All Davidson County FREE Taxes sites have been temporarily closed. Due to lots of unknowns, we do not have any information at this time on when sites may re-open. We suggest that you look at our Do-It-Yourself program, discussed below, or a Free File option on http://www.irs.gov .
FREE Income tax return preparation is a community collaborative effort between Social Services, Public Libraries, the IRS and other community organizations to provide free federal and state income tax return preparation and electronic filing for low to moderate income households. Volunteers play a critical role in providing this valuable community service - Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA). Visit Davidson Free Tax on Facebook.
Are you looking for a website to prepare and efile your own federal and state tax returns? Do you think you can do your own tax returns with a little help? Visit our Do-It-Yourself page [https://www.co.davidson.nc.us/418/Do-It-Yourself-FREE-Taxes] for more information. If you have questions, give us a call at (336) 236-3024 and leave a message
Important Phone Numbers
- General NC Tax Information: 877-252-3052
- IRS Regular Refund Hotline: 800-829-1954
- IRS Tax Help for the Deaf: 800-829-4059 (TDD)
- IRS Tax Information and Assistance: 800-829-1040
- IRS Taxpayer Advocate: 877-777-4778
- NC Refund Information: 877-252-4052
- Social Security Administration: 800-772-1213