- Feature Links
Privacy & Security Notice
Thank you for visiting the Davidson County website. Please read this privacy and security notice carefully. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at your convenience.
Information Collected & Stored Automatically
If all you do during your visit is browse through the website, read pages, or download information, we will gather and store certain information about your visit automatically. This information is kept and stored not just for our benefit, but for yours as well:
- The page/domain you are coming from (for example, “mycompany.com” or “myschool.edu”).
- Your IP Address is collected - this is a number that is given to your computer whenever you connect to the internet.
- The name of the page you are visiting on our site - departments need to know what information interest our visitors the most so they can provide more detailed information or other information related to the page.
- Your browser - it is important for us to know what browsers people use on our site so that our developers can create content that is comparable to those browsers.
- Operating System - websites have become much more complex than just a few years ago. Applications (software) that run from websites may only work on certain operating systems. We collect this information to better your experience to our site.
- Language - what language your browser is using - English, Spanish, French, etc.
- Cookies - your browser creates a text file called “cookies” that stores information about some of the website you’ve visited. Some areas of our website place a “cookie” in this text file to help us identify you and make your visit more meaningful and pleasant.
We use this information to help us make the site more useful to visitors - to learn about the number of visitors to our site and the types of technology our visitors use. We do not track or record information about individuals and their visits.
If You Send Us Personal Information
If you choose to provide us with personal information - by filling out a form with your personal information and submitting it to us through the website - we use that information to respond to your message and to help us get you the information you have requested. We only share the information you give us with another government agency if your inquiry relates to that agency, or as otherwise required by law.
As a general rule, the County does not disclose any personally identifiable information collected online except where you have given us permission, or where the information is requested to be disclosed and is public information under the State of North Carolina statutes or other applicable laws. Visitors to the site should be aware that North Carolina Statutes, Chapter 132, Public Records declares that it is the policy of this state that all state, county, and municipal records shall be open for personal inspection by any person, and thus information collected by the County resulting from the use of its websites may be subject to examination and inspection upon request, if such information is a public record and not otherwise protected from disclosure by statute. Any information you provide to us from our site can be subject to these laws.
You may decline participation in any activity that asks for information (i.e., surveys or emails). Your choice to not participate will have no effect on your ability to access information on the County's websites.
To better serve you, we occasionally use "cookies" to customize your browsing experience. You can refuse the cookie or delete the cookie file from your computer at any time by using any one of a number of widely available methods. Your choice to refuse the cookie will not inhibit your access to any of the information available on the County website. Your acceptance of the cookie will serve to provide you with additional functionality in choosing the information you wish to view on a regular basis.
In certain instances, you will have the opportunity to receive or create a password to access or submit personal information. You should not divulge your password to anyone and the County will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or email. When you are finished with those applications that are password protected, you should “log-out” and exit the page.
For site security purposes and to ensure that this service remains available to all users, this government computer system employs commercial software programs to monitor network traffic to identify unauthorized attempts to upload or change information, or otherwise cause damage. Except for authorized law enforcement investigations, no other attempts are made to identify individual users or their usage habits. Raw data logs are used for no other purposes and are scheduled for regular destruction in accordance with State guidelines for records management and retention. Unauthorized attempts to upload information or change information on this service are strictly prohibited and may be punishable under state and federal law.
Links to Other Websites