- Departments A - K
- Integrated Solid Waste
Integrated Solid Waste
PERSONAL PROPERTY CLEAN OUT
DETAILS ARE AS FOLLOWS:
BEGINNING JULY 1, 2023 DAVIDSON COUNTY COMMERCIAL LANDFILL WILL BEGIN CLOSING AT 4:00P.M.
Household Hazardous Waste Day
Household Hazardous Waste Day is held at the Lopp Road Landfill on the first Saturday of each month from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
There is a limit of 18 gallon paint cans. Due to COVID-19 our contractor will be on site to collect HHW items on April 3, 2021, please review the information below and comply:
The following procedures are recommended to open the HHW Program in Davidson County on April 3rd:
- 3RC employees will wear masks and keep a 6-foot distance from each other and the public.
- The public is requested to wear a mask.
- A 3RC attendant will collect information that is reported on the HHW sheet. This person will be outside the fence, interviewing the resident and completing the form. This is to ensure no paperwork exchange takes place. This attendant will also direct the vehicles, one at a time, to proceed to the unloading area.
- The resident will unload their waste onto a table. This is to minimize any exposure of HHW attendants from entering cars/trucks.
- 3RC employees, on the opposite side of the table, will weigh and manage the waste, per prior procedures.
- Hand sanitizer will be available for all attendees.
- The Davidson County scale attendant will inform the resident to (1) wear a mask, (2) stop at the fence, (3) unload their own waste onto a table.
- Residents should be made aware the process may be a little slower than normal, due to the added procedures.
In order to comply with social distancing rule of 6 feet, you may be asked to wait to unload, best practice is to only come if you must.- 04/06/2020
**Household Hazardous Waste is also accepted during the week at 3RC in Winston-Salem, NC (1401 S. MLK Jr. Dr.) Wednesday- Saturday during the hours of 9:00 a.m. until 3:00 p.m. You may contact 3RC at 336-784-4300 for more details.** http://www.cityofws.org/Departments/Utilities/Residential-Services/Household-Hazardous-Waste-Disposal
** During the onspread of COVID-19 we are recommending no electronic drop off and no bulky items; there will be no inmate assistance with loads until further notice. If you need assistance with unloading your load at 220 Davidson County Landfill Rd please call 336-242-2289 to ensure we have staff available to assist, our employees have physical limitations for safety precautions.**
Please have all large loads in by 4:00 p.m. Monday- Friday so there is plenty of time to unload. All large loads should be in by 3:45 p.m. on Saturdays. If a tire is larger than one person can maneuver please call scalehouse at 336-242-2289 for more details.
The Solid Waste Management program provides waste collection and disposal options for the residents of Davidson County. In addition we promote recycling opportunities, and conduct research to provide options for future solid waste management needs. We also perform the following functions:
- Environmental Education
- Innovative Environmental Management for the 21st Century
- Recyclable Collection
- Residential Drop-off Convenience Centers
- Solid Waste Disposal
Our mission is to ensure management of solid waste that prevents adverse impacts on the environment and public health. We strive to be the environmental leader through continual operational improvements, technical development and resource efficiency. Through this commitment we can strengthen our operations and nurture environmental improvements in the communities of Davidson County.