Non-Discrimination Policy

File a Complaint

Davidson County Department of Social Services provides services, care, benefits, and assistance to all qualified persons. It is our policy not to discriminate against anyone for any reason. If you believe you have been treated unfairly, you may ask to speak to that person's supervisor or contact any of the following:

Title VI Compliance Officer

Davidson County Social Services
P.O. Box 788
Lexington, NC 27293
Phone: 336-242-2500

Office of General Counsel

NC Department of Health and Human Services
Phone: 800-662-7030
TTY: 877-452-2514

Civil Rights Division
U.S Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20530
Phone: 888-736-5551 or 202-514-3847
Email the Civil Rights Division

Health & Human Services

To file a complaint of discrimination regarding a program receiving Federal financial assistance through the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), write:

HHS Director
Office for Civil Rights
200 Independence Avenue SW
Room 515-F
Washington, DC 20201
Phone: 202-619-0403
TYY: 800-537-7697

USDA Non-Discrimination Statement

The U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) prohibits discrimination based on:

  • Age
  • Color
  • Disability
  • National Origin
  • Political Beliefs
  • Race
  • Religious Creed
  • Reprisal or Retaliation for Prior Civil Rights Activity in Any Program or Activity Conducted or Funded by USDA
  • Sex

Food and Nutrition Services (also referred to as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP) and Food Stamps) are funded by the USDA. 

Request Services

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language, etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits. Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at 800-877-8339. Additionally, program information may be made available in languages other than English.

File a Complaint

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027), visit any USDA office, or write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call 866-632-9992. Submit your completed form or letter to USDA to:

U.S. Department of Agriculture
Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
1400 Independence Avenue SW
Stop 9410
Washington, D.C. 20250-9410
Fax: 202-690-7442
Email USDA