“Volunteer Services COVID-19 Update
Although programs and services have been modified to operate without volunteers, due to COVID-19, Senior Services continues to accept volunteer applications for when regular operations resume. Scroll down to see which opportunities are available. If you are interested in volunteering, please complete the application located below. Contact Chris Bitterman, Volunteer Services Coordinator, with questions or completed applications at firstname.lastname@example.org
At Davidson County Senior Services, the efforts of local volunteers are crucial to each agency program. From the everyday duties of those helping at nutrition sites and with Meals on Wheels to the meticulous operations of office support and tax aide volunteers, each hour of service is needed to fulfill the agency's mission.
Persons of all ages and abilities have something valuable to contribute and volunteers are limited only by their willingness to get involved.
- Committees/Boards - Serve on agency boards and committees advocating for older adults
- Congregate Nutrition Sites - Volunteer at one of the five congregate nutrition sites assisting the nutrition site coordinator
- Meals on Wheels - Deliver meals on average twice each month on one of 23 meal routes
- Office Support - Receptionist and general office work in a senior center
- Senior Center Special Events - Assist with execution of senior center events; assist with Senior Games; lead classes and activities
Volunteer Training Worksheet
“Volunteers for Senior Services perform a wide variety of tasks to help us complete our mission. Currently, volunteers are home and hoping to come back to their positions soon. In the meantime, know that we miss seeing all of you. Know that the clients you see regularly are being helped in every way possible. Please see the volunteer worksheet at this link:Volunteer Training Worksheet This worksheet will help you examine your past volunteer experiences, focus on the health benefits you garner from assisting others, and empower yourself to do more in the community. Since we all have more time on our hands, take a moment to examine why you volunteer and how you can maintain better “work-life balance” going forward! Please do not worry about returning the worksheet. It is meant for you to utilize as a self-reflection tool. If you ever have questions about our volunteer program, please contact Chris Bitterman, Volunteer Services Coordinator, at email@example.com